This simple Vegan collard greens recipe is the perfect side dish. This recipe is pack full of delicious flavors, your guest and family will love it.
Many of us know the importance of eating our greens. Collard greens are pack full of vitamins. They are a good source of iron and magnesium. They also contain thiamin, niacin and thiamin.
HOW TO MAKE THE COLLARD GREENS
Cook Time : 35 Minutes
Prep-time 10 Minutes
1 lb collard greens, washed and finely chopped
2 tablespoon better than bouillon (vegetable base)
2 cups cherry tomatoes
1 red bell pepper
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon liquid smoke
1/2 teaspoon mrs.dash
4 cloves of garlic finely chopped
1/2 onion powder
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/3 cups water
1. Coat a large deep pot or skillet with water bring to a simmer over medium to low heat, add the better than bouillon and stir.
2. Sauté onions, garlic, tomatoes and bell pepper, cook until translucent.
3. Add collard greens, spices, liquid smoke and water. Taste to adjust spices as needed. Add hot sauce if desired.
4. Reduce heat to low, cover and let cook for 35 minutes.
5. After 35 uncover and enjoy.